Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grapes and Mountain Man

We have a ton of grapes growing along our fence. Last week I decided we couldn't waste all these yummy Concorde grapes! They are hard to eat because they have seeds in them so I juiced a bunch and got 11 quarts of juice. My little Jared LOVES it! I still had a ton of grapes left so I made jam. I ended up with 21 pints of jam! Woo Hoo!



We also have some yummy green grapes perfect for eating. There weren't a whole lot of them left, but I had to leave them because the bee's were eating them. They would completely eat out the inside of the grape! I had never seen anything like that before.


Today  is the Mountain Man Rendezvous for Jacob at school. He has been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks now. His dad made him a bunch of pouches, a necklace, some bracelets and stuff for his costume. He even designed and cut out a mountain man jacket. I sewed it together while Jared made the "gold" for Jacob to barter with!



My little Mountain Man!

To bad we can't take that to the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment