John had his 7th birthday on October 4th. He was so, so excited! When we were in the kitchen eating breakfast one of the kids looked outside and saw this beautiful rainbow!
It was a great start to the day. I also had made his cake the day before, which made my day much easier! He wanted Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars, and that was no easy task!
Here is the final cake. I won't point out the flaws, because there are many, but John LOVED it. He was so happy!
When it came time to open presents he was so excited he could hardly contain himself!
He got a gun (of course), a new CTR ring (he wears his everywhere and lost it a few weeks ago) and.....
A NEW BIKE! He was too big for his old bike and really needed a new one. He was thrilled to say the least. Grandma and Grandpa Makin came over and gave him something he has been asking for for a long time.
His very own REAL tools, complete with wrenches, screwdrivers, a hammer, a square, a level, probably some things I am missing, and a tool box!
I think over all he would say this was a GREAT birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment